Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How much lemonade can one person drink?

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

That is the proverbial phrase used to encourage optimism and a can-do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune.

WELL. . .I beg to differ.

I enjoy lemonade as much as the next person. But as someone who is sitting smack dab in the middle of a pretty big pile of lemons, all I can think is, what in the world am I going to do with that much lemonade? I could have a really big picnic, but that wouldn't make a dent in this pile of lemons.

There has to be more possibilities. So I started thinking. . .and searching.

Here are a few more suggestions for all those lemons life can throw your way.

When life gives you lemons. . .

. . .grab Tequila & Salt

. . .throw them back and demand chocolate

. . .demand to speak to the manager {which for me would be God}

. . .make Lemon Meringue Pie, it tastes better

. . .call your best friend to see if they have Vodka

. . .learn to juggle

. . .save the seeds and plant an orchard

So, you see, even in the midst of adversity and/or misfortune, when life gives you all those lemons {and it will}, the possibilities are endless.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment